Thursday, December 28, 2006

flower arrangement for the New Year


This photo was sent by my elder daughter. Today she arranged these flowers for the New year. She lives next to my mother's house. My mother was a teacher of Japanese flower arrangement. Even now she enjoyed arranging flowers.
According to her mail, they picked these flowers in my mother's garden and did it.
She said "Grandma looked happy".I understood, because her grandchild (my daughter) did it together. My daughter "had to "do it, but she also seemed to enjoy it.

Arranging special flowers for the New year is needed to welcome new year like arranging Christmas tree for Christmas. Actually today I also did it. Well, in my case I just bought a bunch of New Year's flowers and put them into a vase. Though it is excuse, we don't have daffodils because this area is too cold for them to bloom. I'm really surprised daffodils already open in TOKYO though they might have bought daffodils.

I'm really glad for my daughter to be dutiful to her grandmother instead of me.

No comments: