Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Mr.SANTA


This week is called "Christmas week" in our class, so I read some Christmas books; for example we enjoy "I SPY Christmas version", and after that we do craft. Upper glade students make snowmen, and lower grade students make these "Mr.SANTA". Of course the final step of both craft is put "CHIRORU" chocolate. It is fun and yummy.

Well, I'll tell another interesting topic. Though I told you that I had attend "Jazz chants work shop" the other day, immediately I try to do chants in my class.
The chant is like that (singing along jingle bell song)
Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, What would you like to want?
Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, What would you like to eat?
Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, Where would you like to go?
Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, ------- let's have fun.

To the third question, lower grade students said "star, moon, future , etc".
What a pure and wonderful image do they have! (though a student said "go shopping")

and upper grade students said -- nowhere special!
So I suggested them "what word do you choose to "please "me" ?"
the words are like thatt
ravel, the world, the space, the Mars, and --hot springs, cram school, high school
For upper grade students I'm really an elderly woman (OBASAN) and a little bit strict "teacher".
Anyway we are enjoying this week.

No comments: