Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Happy New Year


Last night we came home with all members of my family. Since this summer all the members gathered.
How is your new Year Holidays?
On New Year's Day at my mother-in-law's house her three son's families gathered. (My husband is her second son.) We had "traditional Japanese feast", which is called "OSECHI". Actaully they are not so welcomed by kids except some dishes. But putting dises into "OJYU" is fun, this year this job was kids'.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osechi
After that my family went out to buy "FUKUBUKURO".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fukubukuro
Though there are various "FUKUBUKURO", of course what we wanted are "women's clothes FUKUBUKURO". Usually my husband doesn't like to go such shopping, but this year he came with us. I think he seemed to enjoy being together.

As soon as we came home we went to KARAOKE. But he didn't go together. Probably he was tired with driving and shopping, and "tired of" being with three ladies (it means , of course, his two daughters and his wife"me")

Now it's 3rd. I'm happy to have dinner together, so I'm doing mother's job hard.
(Well, in the daylight my husband went to tennis, my daughters went to meet friends, and I took a nap lisning to music)

From the day after tomorrow we're going to go to HIROSHIMA, and our "family" winter vacaiton will fihisn.

Now I'm enjoying our "family "winter vacaion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mieko, Your New Year's activities seemed to make you very happy with your family around you and following some of the traditions. Special foods here are usually tied to ethnic groups or perhaps geographic location. The US is such a diverse country now, unlike Japan, that there is probably no one traditonal food for New Years. That is unlike Thanksgiving, for example, when most families have turkey. And, I would say that the college championship football games and the parades are the biggest tradition for activities on that day. Thanks for including the very interesting links. Happy New Year to all of you! Jan

Mieko said...

Hi Jan
Do you know your presents for us are called "Jan's FUKUUKURO". Well I forgot about New Year's sports on TV. My husband and his brothers were watching a special soccer game on TV on the 1st. And On the 2nd we were watching a special marathon race.