Wednesday, January 17, 2007

My mother-in-law has caught a cold

My mother-in-law lives alone in TOKYO. Usually she is really fine though she is about 80. She belongs to verious circles ; dance, singing, sawing, golf, and a volenteer group to help "elder people" ( usually she helps younger people than her.)
She is really active.
BUT once she becomes sick, she gets really depressed.

At night of the day before yesterday I got a call from her in weak voice.
And yesterday I called her: one, two, three, four, five times.
She said when she heard other's voice, she felt fine and tried to eat something.

I understand her feeling.
Yesterday night my elder daughter went to see her with some fruits.
She said her granmo looked very happy and gave her some pocket money.

In this situation we can't live near her yet. BUT it is the time to think about my mother-in-law life.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!! I really like your diary ^^, it's very cute. I'm not good at english too because i'm chilean, but I love Japan, and your photos makes me feel nostalgic (i don't know why). I like the way you write about your life *0*

Mieko said...

To Yuki.no.hitohira
Thanks for your coming to my diary site as well as my lunch box site.
I thought you would be a Japanese, because you seeme to really like Japan, for example, from your nick name on website. What is the country of Chile like? I'm sorry what comes into my mind is the word "chili papper".

Anonymous said...

Last year I wrote an essay about my country in english, but now i can't remember the beautiful words I wrote xD, well, my country has variated climates, but my favourite place is the south because of the vegetation, the north is a desert x__x

Thanks for your answer!

Desiree said...

Mieko... I'm sorry to hear about your Mom-in-law and hope this does not last long for her.

Mieko said...

Thanks Desire, she is getting better and better. NOW her first son is staying with her. In Japan the role of the first son is really important.