Monday, January 22, 2007

The second meeting of reading English picture books

I was really glad that more than 30 people came to listen to our stories. The audience was from babies to adults, showed wide generation.
Each readers made an elaborate show, though it was not job. Paper dolls appeared, "panel theater" appeared, big books appeared, and books with some devices?? (I'mnot sure what they are called) appeared.
What is "panel theater"? I think it was invented in Japan. Please look at the photo. I made them. The each characters are drawn on the thin clothes and I tell a story using the big white cloth board ,because of static electricity (probably) each character put on or take off freely.
Well, the highlight was a Chinese story by a Chinese lady. China is near our country, and lots of Chinese live here, but we seldom have a chance to hear Chinese. For everybody it was a new experience. It sounded really calm (or her voice seemed to be suitable to the story)
We are going to this meeting 4 times in the rest of year. I wish if some forefingers joined and talked the country's stories by the native language like her.

No comments: