Thursday, February 01, 2007

What are your favorite pastimes

On a Japanese blog a woman makes a list of her favorite pastimes. There are ten things. What and how many do I have my favorite pastimes? I'll list them.
1. Going to new tearooms or restaurants.
Actaully now I have a tearoom I'd like to go. I'm looking for someone who goes with me.
2. Going on one day trip
Since my daughters are grown up, I have some chances to take "one day" trip. The end of the month I'm going to go on a bus tour of KAMAKURA with my friend. It is the first time to make a "bus tour". I'm really exciting.
AND thoug it is one of my dreams, after my daughters will stand by themselves I would go abroad for several months.
3. Going to concerts
Last year I went to concerts five or six times. This year if "TARAZUKA"(women's revue) comes to this city I'll go again. (I don't check this year's shows at concert halls yet.)
4. Going somewhere with my daughters
My elder daughter seldom comes home, my younger daughter is busy doing something (sometimes studying), but we all like to go art museums or interior shops. This month a new national art museum opened in TOKYO. And an interesting photo exhibition is going to be held at a studio in TOKYO. I want to manage to go there with my daughters.
5. Going to see movies
I sometimes go to the movies with friends. (My husband don't like very much, instead of it he is into seeing DVDs.) This year I'll try to go to the movies by myself.

These things are all going somewhere with someone. So I think what is be able to be done by myself.

6. Reading
I like reading. Every other week I go to a library. These days my younger daughter also likes reading books though she still loves reading comics. So sometimes we go together. And sometimes we change books we borrowed. When our interesting is the same, we are really excited about the story. (Though my husband likes reading books as well, but he usually reads historical or political things, seldom reads essay, and never reads love stories.)
7. Going to used shops
when I find unusual but cool clothes, I'm really happy. I wear them when I play the piano at a tea room. When I find really cute clothes, I grin. Though I'm embarrassed, I wear them when I read picture books to infants at a nursery school.
8. Sharing new tasty sweets and foods with someone
I'm really interested in new sweets and foods. I like to look for them. AND when I share with someone (usually my adult students), if they are impressed like me and share the emotion, I'm really glad.
9. Keeping blog
Probably I'm addicted to writing blog. And it is the most favorite pastime as far as I think of now.

I'm afraid I can't list 10 items.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meiko, these are very good activities and I like that you make deliberate plans to do them. I know you are so talented with music..can you do more with it? Here we usually have local (amatuer)concert bands who give performances throughout the year but mainly the musicians just enjoy learning new music and playing in a group. How about playing the piano in nursing homes occasionally. People with talent here often volunteer to do this as a way to provide entertainment for the elderly.
You seem to enjoy gardening...is there a local gardening club that you could join and learn new things about plants? Jan

Mieko said...

Jan, thaks, I'm really glad you praise me. Actaully I'm thinking playing the piano in hospitals for the old.
AND about gardening, I like seeing beautiful gardens, but not good at growing. Some friends of mine are really into gardening, I can't keep with them. BUT sometimes they bring some pot flowers, I love seeing them.

Anonymous said...

This made me thing, what are my favorite pastimes.
1. Going to movies. (Like you, my husband prefers DVDs, so that's what we usually do now. If I want to go to a movie, I usually go with my son.)
2. Reading.
3. Writing.
4. Gardening.
5. Going to restaurants.
6. Photography.

Hmm. I can't think of anything else. Last week my son and I went to see the Japanese drummers, Kodo and had a wonderful time. But we rarely go to concerts or plays.

Mieko said...

Gardening is one of thnigs I'll try this year as my hobby.
Well, Kodo is a Japanese movie? I don't know. I also like to go to a concert and the movies. I seldom go to plays, but this year I'm going to see KABUKI with my friend.