Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Yesterday's troubles.

Some small troubles happend yesterday, though they were all solved.
At first the morning when I opend an important file attaced on an e-mail, it wasn't open. Nevertheless a waring messge was shown from the anti-virus program "Norton". I was really shocked. Though I thought my computar must have been safe, I checked my computer using a security program. It took 4 hours. I couldn't do any computer work. My computer was safe, the problem seemed to happen "yahoo" server. The problem seemed not to be solved yet.

Next at noon, my mother, who lives in TOKYO by herself lost (dropped) her small bag with her ATM card. She seldome uses the card, so she had the bag and wallet apart. As she noticed that, she went back to the bank immediately (30 minutes later after she drew some money at a bank she noticed that) and she made her card invalidate not to be used by other people. Actaully the rest of money was at bank safely. Though she is old, she could deal with this accident smoothly and immediately. She braged of her self saying "I'm not in my dotage".

And at midnight my husband came home by taxi from "a station". Yesterday he went to TOKYO on bisiness trip. It takes 10 minutes by taxi (at midnigt) from the station nearby.
As soon as he opend the door he shouted "give me some money". Why? Didn't he have some pennies? No, it costed really really high! Because he slept over and rode past 1 stop by bullet train. He came back from the next station driving "high way road". Though he could sleep in his bed as usual, it was a really really expensive business trip.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Foreigners are always amazed at how Japanese can sleep on the train. We are always nervously looking out the window so we don't miss our stop. So I find it very amusing to discover that sometimes a Japanese person sleeps and misses his stop. I'm sure it wasn't funny for your husband, though.

Anonymous said...

I, too, was very amused by how many Japanese sleep on the trains and subways, but I concluded that it was basically a lack of sleep. I met many men, for example, who work until almost midnight and then take an early train back to work the next morning...day after day. I suspect many students are also sleep deprived. Goal-oriented, competitive and intense are words that come to mind. Mieko's recent post about school children becoming "lazy" if they don't go to school 6 days a week is a good example.

Desiree said...

sorry to hear of your troubles, Mieko, but glad to hear they were resolved so well. Your Mom is an awesome woman for her age to be able to so quickly solve her dilemma.

I'm glad to hear your computer seems fine... I hate computer troubles!

And for your husband... nice that he got a nap, but, he might like to save his sleep for at home in the future!

Mieko said...

Thanks for comments, I'm so happy.
I'll add a story.
The station he got off was full of such overslept people. And there are two small hotels nearby, which are used by mainly such people. of course the hotels were not for such people, accidently most of nights it is fulled with such people.
And at the night the hotel was alreday fulled, so he had to cam home by taxi, because he didn't want to stay up all night at the cold station.