Saturday, March 10, 2007

Spaghetti


In the morning I went to a clinic to get a medicine for my pollen allergy, and dropped by a library nearyby. In the afternoon, three new kids came to take my trial lesson. (And from next new term they are going to be my new students.) So I didn't have enough time to make my handmade hamburger steaks. But I already bought ground meat.


So today's dinner was "SPAGHETTI" with two kinds of sauce.

One is meat sauce spaghetti. I added ground meat and garlic to the instant sauce. Of course according to the recipe I also added water and tomato paste.

Another one is basil sauce spaghetti. I added grillled mackerels and leeks to the instant basil sauce. Of course according to the recipe I also added water and olive oil.


The meat sauce is not so bad. My husband said if it had more sour taste, it would be better. So I should have used tomato juice instead of water. When I make my meat sauce, I usually use tomato juice, so my family gets used to the sour taste.

And the basil sauce is good. We put some grated Japense radish on it. I think if I had used squid instead of mackerels, it would have been more simple taste. For me it was a little thick, but for my husband it was good.

We are really enjoyging American tastes, Thanks Jan.

No comments: