Thursday, April 19, 2007

dessert croquette

This is a croquette, I bought these frozen croquettes, and this morning deep fried and put 2 of them into my daughter's lunch box.
Usually in Japan croquetes are made by potato, ground meat and onion. And I sometimes use cirbed beef ubstead if ground meat.
But What are inside of these croquettes? Sweet potatoes and strawberry jam. So they are a little bit sweet, though they are not used suger.
There other two types, apple one and chestnuts one. How do they taste? I'm intereseted in them. and I also intereseted in my daughter's saying after coming home.
Do you like croquettes?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my experience, croquette's have been made from fish (salmon, primarily) or chicken and also mashed potatoes with a little egg and coated with bread crumbs. As you may know, potatoes are an important part of most American diets and making potato croquettes have been a way to use left over mashed potatoes. Other foods prepared in a similar manner are called "fritters"...a more flat shape and using more batter. Examples are corn fritters, oyster fritters and various sweets such as apple fritters. Jan

Mieko said...

Jan banana fritters are comon ?? in Japan, I used to make them when my daughters were little.
Though I don't know jam is necessary or not, mashed sweet potato croquettes are yummy.