Friday, April 20, 2007

glove theater



Yesterday I went to a nursery school to read English picture books to kis. This time I told a story using this glove. Amon nursery or kindergarten teachters such shows are called "TEBUKURO SHIATA". "Tebukuro" means glove, and "Shiata" means theater.





I got this glove from a nursery teacher, usually she tells a Japanese story. I translated the stroy in English.

The story is like that;

Who love carrots? I loe carrots. (A horse comes.)

Do you like this carrot Mr. Horse? Here you are!

Munch, munch,munch, yummy!

Who loves this big carrot? I love it. (a elephant comes)

Do you like this big carrot Mr. elepaht? Here you are!
Munch, munch, munch, yummy!




The final phrase is


let's eat carrots everyboday and grow up big and strong!

It was fun.

4 comments:

:P said...

ooooh! that is a cute glove! kawaii! i love that. =D it would be so nice to use that for story-telling sessions with my boys. are those gloves being sold in shops in japan?

Eaer_ao_arm said...

hi Ms. Mieko
I like you blog and i enjoy reading it.
The glove story was nice too.

Mia
(really in brooklyn but would love to be in japan)

Mieko said...

Yette; yes it is so cute, I asked my friend who is a teacher of nursery school to make it. I've seen these gloves sometimes at toy stores, though they are so expencive.

Mieko said...

Welcom to my blog eaer-ao-arm, and I'm glad to hear that you enjoy this blog.