Thursday, April 05, 2007

My daughter's school has started.


I was able to wake up before 6 o'clock this morning. And I made OBENTOU.

From today my daughter's school has started, it means the chore of making OBENTOU has also started.


When was the first time to make OBENTOU by myself? Probably I was a college student. At that time my mother used to make four OBENTOUs every morning, for my father, for my two younger brothers, and me. Except mine, they are all for men. So the OBENTOUs were highly volumed (or it could be said to be much oily.) I couldn't bear, so I started to make OBENTOU for myself.


I continued to make OBENTOU when I started working. I took my OBENTOU to my office. And after my daughters were born, I had to let them thier OBENTOUs to their nursery school.


When they were elementary school kids, this chore stopped.

But when they became junior hirh school students, this chore had started again.


And probably this year it is the last year to do this chore (if my younger daughter succeed in entering a college.) So this last year I'll try to enjoy this chore instead of feeling troublesom.

I show every day's OBENTOU in another blog page, if you are intereseted in them, please see them. Mieko's luncbox http://www.fotolog.com/mieko_/

3 comments:

BETO said...

looks yummy

:P said...

hello again!
i am learning so much from your blog. =D in my country, we also prepare food for school. we call them baon (ba-on). there is usually rice and some viand, although the preparation is not as creative as the way japanese prepare them. some kids bring their baon in containers that keep the food warm. this way, it is still yummy when lunch comes. when i was in japan, i prepared my husband's baon whenever he goes to the office. he loves my cooking and i love cooking for him. =D maybe when my 2 boys are bigger, i will be preparing lunches for them as well. =D

i have a question though... is BENTO BOX the name of the container for the food?

Mieko said...

beto, thanks. Do you like Japanese food?

Yette, Bentou "box" means a container for Bentou. Bentou or OBENTOU measn the contents. I have lots verious Bentou boxes.