Monday, April 23, 2007

Toast Master's club

I attend a meeting of Toast master's club in Utsunomiya. Do you know Toast master's club? It's a kind of speech club. There are only 5 members in the club in Utsunomiya including me.
Yesterday I made a speech for the first time. ( It was the second time that I attened this meeting.) I introduced my self. (Thanks Jan, I did well.)
And every member made a short speech about three topics.
A woman and I were new membes, so these topics were selected.
your personality, your hometown, and how to spend holidays.

What I told was like that
The words my friends mention to discribe me are probably, active and positive, though I think I'm shy and not out going. But I like to look for something intereseting and inspiring. And I also like to tell those intereseting to someone proudly, so the word of "positive" seemes to describe me.
My home town is Tokyo. I was born and grew up in Tokyo. But since I came here more than 20 years passed. And it has been longer to live here than in Tokyo. So I seem to adjust the life in Tochigi more than in Tokyo. Anyway I can say the second hometown is Tochigi.
And the way to spend holidays, when my daughter doesn't go clam school, anyway I can get up lately. Then I clean the rooms, I clean the rooms upstaris once a week. and I try to weed. After the noon, I go out to attend a meeting like this, or go to the library. And usually at evening I go shopping with my husband, mainly to buy alcoholic. I try to spend holidays calmly.

No comments: