Tuesday, April 17, 2007

We are into ---

In the morning, my husband usually drinks coffee, I drink green tea, and my daugher drinks cold milk. My daughter seldom drinks somthing hot. BUT these days she into this maple tea. It is not naple syrup. The smell and taste is maple.
We often have maple, but having maple tea is the first time. Delicious!

And my husband usually eats toast for breakfast. I do , too. And my daughter eats rice and toast, both. How healthy she is! And these days suger toast is one of our favorite types of toast. Once I tryed another maker's suger toast cream, but it was not good. This cuger toast cream by SONTON is really good, if you find it please try it.

Well, other our favorite types of toast are egg toast and fresh cream toast.
What types of toast do you like?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

In Australia we like to eat 'Vegemite' on toast. First we spread some butter and then a small amount of vegemite on top. It isn't sweet and sometimes visitors spread it on very thickly and then it tastes awful. My family also likes to put honey on their toast. My children sometimes sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top of their buttered toast too.

:P said...

i usually drink coffee, milk or chocolate milk in the mornings. i never tried maple tea yet. maybe one of these days, i will when i see some at the supermarket...

i don't eat toast a lot but when i do i eat it with a thin spread of butter then some strawberry jam. yummy!

in the philippines, people are not too fond of toasts because most people either do not have a toaster or they prefer other types of bread. here, we have many types of breads for the hungry. the most popular bread for breakfast is the pan de sal (they are also cheap, around 2 pesos or 5 yen each so many people prefer them). they are small buns - a bit smaller than a fist - that are crispy on the outside and soft and sweetish on the inside. we also have cheese breads, filled breads and others. =D

Mieko said...

To Shelley
I know Vegemite. A boy came from New Zealand to stay with us for about 2 weeks. During the days he went to go to high school with lunch box. He wasn't able to eat my Japanese lunch, and he seemdd to have alreday understand it before coming. So he brought Vegemite, and he asked me please make Vegemite sandwiches. I made them for him every day.
Additionaly, 5 days passed since he came to Japan, what he wanted was "please take me to FKC". He ate 10 pieces of fried chiken. Now he is an adult, and he works at a hotel in New Zealand.

Mieko said...

yette, we also have verious buns, but I have a homebakry and it is easy to bake a loaf of bread, so we usually eat toast.

pand de sal -- I'm intereseted in it. Can I buy it in Japan? Is it like a crescent roll?

:P said...

hello again! =D

wow! you bake your own bread? that's great!

i'm not sure if there are pan de sal in japan. when i was in yokohama for 6months, i did not find some.

here is more about pan de sal and a photo: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_de_sal

take care!