Monday, April 02, 2007

What medicine do you bring with you when you travel?

My spring vacataion finished. During the vacation I went out here and there , though they were not long travels. BUT I always bring headache specific and pills for a pollen allergy. Now I'm suffering from a bad pollen allergy, so with this medicine I bring eye lotion. And I suffer from headaches, so with caution I always bring the medice with me.
The headache specific is precribed, I don't buy this kind of medicine at drugstores.

"Allergy" reminds me of a woman who stayed with us.
Has anyone you know ever gotten sick while traveling? The woman who stayed with us got sick at my house.
When a guest comes to stay with us, I usually send the person our family sheet to introduce our family. At that time we had a cat (unfortunately she passed away.) So I wrote on the paper "we had a cat".
And the guest used to have a cat allergy, but she thought she had already overcome.

BUT unfortunatley at midnight suddenly the allergy attacked her. She started sneezeing and runnig nose, and her eyes got completely red. She didn't have medicine, and it was midnight. So I gave her my pills for allergy, because the symptoms were same.

Fortunatly it worked well.

Oops, I almost forget to write one thing.
If I went on a long travel, I'll bring more two kinds of medicne, they are laxative and binding medicine.

Well, I don't know what do you call these medicine in English? Please tell me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mieko, you asked about "binding medications. General term...anti-diarrhea. There are several kinds, but perhaps the most famous would be Kaopectate. I bring the meds you wrote about, but I also learned (after a couple of bad days while visiting your city) to bring migraine medication. I went to several pharmacies and no one knew what I was talking about. I also usually take a couple of doses of "Thera Flu" in case I start getting a cold while traveling. And band aides for blisters! Jan

Mieko said...

I remember you had a "migraine" at my house. Didn't you have suitable medicines? I had! If you had asked me I could have gave you.

And is this OK? I usually take a coulple of doess of anti-diarrhea, anti-headache, anti-constipation, and anti-cold.