Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Have you experienced such a thing?


Have you experienced that though it looked bad, it turned out to be delicious when you actually tried? Figs. I thought it looked yuck, but I tried a ripe fig and I knew it was tasty. And I’ll tell another experience. Until I came here I haven’t had fish in river like AYU, YAMAME, IYANA, etc, which is called freshwater fish. This area there are many clean rivers near by, though we can’t to walk there it’s too far. We went to a river about 15 years ago. I saw “YANA”; a kind of trap. It was really huge. And I ate AYU grilled by charcoal. It was really delicious. Since then it is one of my seasonable fun to go there and eat fresh AYU, though I never buy the fish at store.
And this time I got this powder of rose hip. Probably I’ve had a tea of rose hip by teabag. I’ve thought it was a kind of herb “leaves”. But this I time I knew they were “hips”. (I knew the mean of “hips” this time.) It looks like Shichimi; a kind of Japanese Chile pepper, or powder of Japanese Umeboshi. Looks not so delicious. I tried. Ice smell, and tastes not so bad. It suits to a table spoon of honey. And according to the direction I ate the rest of powder of hips. The taste was --- so-so. But it is said to be good weaken eyes. I hope it works to get slow to proceed my presbyopia (my eyes are getting weak because of aging).

No comments: