Sunday, June 17, 2007

What kind of ethnic food do you know and do you like?

The other day in our English learning group we talked about some ethnic foods; tacos calzones, eggrolls moussaka, quiche, shishkebab, nan,macaroni and cheese, croquettes, shepherd's pie, lasagna, swedish meatballs. Do you know of them? I didn't know some of them. And I've eaten some of them.
My husband like tacos and I like soft thin bread tacos.
My family loves curry and rice. We sometimes go out to an Indian restaurant. I usually order some nan. But my husband and my daughter prefer rice.
I have one memory about lasagna. I used to think badly of lasagna beause of being too oily. But an American friend, who was living in Japan for two years, told me an intereseting recipe. She recomended to use natrual cheese, cottage cheese and "TOFU". It is tasty. If you are interesed in it, please try it.

1 comment:

Desiree said...

I like food from a variety of cultures and am always willing to try something new. I have tried Japanese cuisine as it is available in Canada and do enjoy it amongst Russian, Ukranian, Chinese, Itallian etc.

Yes, Lasagna can be very oily but too, there are so very many ways to prepare it that you can most definitely find a way you like it. One lasagna I have enjoyed is seafood lasagna. Mmmm!