Monday, July 30, 2007

Flowerpots







Yesterday, it was really really humid and hot. In the eveningwe had the shower and there was a sharp drop in the temperature.

Today, it is really really "cool". So I'm wearing long sleeve shirt.


In my garden, there are some flowerpots.

Now small tomatoes (we call them PUCHI tomatoes) grow, and blueberries also grow.


Blueberries are said to be good for weak eyes. Now I enjoy eating them, though they are little bit sour. Now I seem to suffer presbyopia. It can't helped.


Yesterday I tried Tempura of parsley. It was realy nice. If you get bunches of parsley, try it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today there was an article in our newspaper about fresh mint. It named types: Pineapple, apple, spearmint (the most widely grown), peppermint, curly, chocolate and SHISO MINT "one of the most popular culinary herbs in Japan." I probably wouldn't have noted Shiso if you hadn't written about it, Mieko! Jan

Mieko said...

"shiso" seems to be the world word. I'm happy. The shiso in my garden is really fine. Today I made shiso and Japanese raddish salad. "yummy"-- probably.

Kristen said...

It took me years of living in Japan before I realised what "puchi" was. It's from the French word petit, which means small. I knew it "puchi" meant small, but I didn't know it was French!

Mieko said...

"Puchi" comes from the French. I'mlearned more. Thank you. I like puchi tomato Guratan ( it comes from the French of gratin)