Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Garbage -3-

The people who dumped such garbage must have no other purpose, they must thought just "it's troublesome", or "it' s a tiny plastic bag of garbage". I understand their feeling. In my house there are three trash cans in the kitchen, one is for burnable garbage, one is for cans and bottles and the other is for plastic bottles and traies. My daughter and my husband have a trash can in their each room. Usually they put any kinds of garbage in their trash cans, and on Sundays, they separate and throw them away to the suitable trash cans in the kitchen. But sometimes they don't do that saying "troublesome","busy" and I do that while murmuring. How do we deal with garbage smoothly?

Until a few decades ago we would burn burnable garbage in the yard, and bury others in the hall on the corner of the back yard. When I came here about 20 years ago, I had a small incinerator. So I burned used paper. But now many people don't have enough space for putting incinerators and enough time for burning. If they had, we have lots of plastic things. And we noticed when we burn them they exhaust harmful gas of dioxin. So now, burning garbage at home is prohibited.

to be continued

2 comments:

とぼ said...

Hello Mieko,

I'm sorry if I post too many comments.

I think this post and "Garbage 4" are very well written.

I have one question on the "hall" where you bury trash in your yard. I think of a hall as inside a house, so I don't know how to imagine an outside hall.

Also, since garbage is not a countable noun, it should be "bury the rest in the hall..."

But those are small issues. I really could understand the garbage problem much better!

Have a nice weekend!

Mieko said...

hole! It was my big mistake.
And I'm really glad to get manya comments from you and others.