Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Going out --with my elder daughter


This weekend I went to MITO with my elder daughter. Though I didn't know that, in Mito there is a famous art museum, "Art tower Mito". http://www.arttowermito.or.jp/atm-e.html
It seems to be produced by the famous conducter "Seij Ozawa". Do you know of him?
Anyway we went there to see a exhibition of HIBINO KOZUE.
She seems to be famous as a fashion designer. And these days she started to produce funitures and kitchen tools through her housewife situation. And in the same time a dance performance was done. The dancer was KAIJI MORIYAMA, he also seems to be famous among the youth like my daughter.
Unfortunately I didn't know both of them, but I could really enjoy the exhibition and the performance.
BUT, did you remeber who I went with there? yes with my daughter.
Each time I said a comment, she said "You are middle aged woman (OBASAN)". She doesn't like my comments. Everything I said seems to hear negative for her.
For example, there was a cute bag. But the bottom was made by felt. The color is really vivid and cute. But I thought "felt is easy to be unkempt". ( I don't know how to say in English, felt is easy to rugged by static electricity??.)
My daughter said "if you want to say some negative comments, at least after negative comments you should say positive comments".
Why I was been lectured by her??
She also said "it can't be helped because you are gettin older."
It is difficult to go with my adult child. Though I could went a good place, I was often irritated ( and my daughter was also irritated.)
But now I'll miss her!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am surprised she is so critical of you. Usually after children leave home they realize how much their parents sacrificed for them and helped them to be good, educated and self-efficient adults. This is especially true if they live with others who were spoiled or cannot be self-sufficient. I know I appreciated my parents much more after I left home and enjoyed going back to be with them. It's a matter of maturity...some reach it sooner than others. Jan

Anonymous said...

Though I'm not in her side, probably she got mature, and she is a big fan of the aritests. So she couldn't get my "negative" comment smoothly.
On the other hand I don't know wheter she realized the importance of parents, or pleasure of living together. She seems to enjoy her free college life. MIEKO