Saturday, September 08, 2007

What big eels are they!


Today's dinner is "eels". I'd wanted to have Japanese eels. And this morning a friend sent them.

Japanese eels are expensive. Though we can buy Chinese eels for reasonalbe price, I'm little bit afriad to buy them because of these days bad reputation of food additives.


The friend lives in KYUSYU region. Though Hamamtsu in Kantou is famous for eels, the region of KYUSYU has the most eels rop in Japan. So in her area eating Japanese domestic eels seems to be usual.

On the other hand this area where I live is famous for GYOZA, so many people eat GYOSA usually than other areas, I think.


I love eels. I'm really glad to get Japanese big eels. Thank you!!!

Well these eels are already cooked, so what I have to do is just "chin" ; I put them in the microwave.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also love Japanese eels. When I lived in Beppu, my sushi lady would always leave the eels out of the order because (I learned later) she didn't think foreigners could eat eel. When she found out that I liked eel, she always put an extra serving in my order.

Anonymous said...

You used to eat eels in KYUSYU? How lucky you were!! KYUSYU eels are really really yummy!!! Mieko

:P said...

i really enjoy reading your posts, mieko! =D i learn so much.

Anonymous said...

I think I will try eels when I visit Japan in November! They sounds good.