Tuesday, October 02, 2007

What book made an impression?




This weekend I attended Toast Master meeting. I was asked a short speech, the title is What book made animpression ?




It is fall, in Japan it is said that it is the best season to eat, to play sports and to read books.


I love reading, and usualy every other week I go to the library and borrow some books. But about sudde question I couldn't ghink of suitable books.




So I told about my kids. When my kids were little, my family used to go to the library every other week together. It was a kind of family event.




When my daughter was in the second or third grade, she suddenly showed interest of this book, because she performed it at school. I thought it was for her too thick to read. She was done. I really surprised and proud of her. From that her reading hobby has started.


I don't know the English name. This authour is Garmany. I want to read this book in English.


If someone tell me the English title, I'm really glad.



On the other hand my younger daughter was into Little King series. Even now this series is really populer among kids. I don't know whether are translated in English. On the other hand I found a little bit similar books. It is "Prince Bertram The Bad". The aurthor is "that " Arnold Nobel. my junior high school students and high school students loves him. So I bought the book.

No comments: