Wednesday, October 10, 2007

What do you eat for breakfast?













I asked to draw a picture of breakfast to my students.
It was fun.Though we are all Japanese, some students eat toast, some students eat rice.
What makes me surprised, many students drink barley tea.
If you have visited Japana and stayed RYOKAN, probably they served grilled fish, MISO soup, a fried egg, rice , and Nori& Natto. I think it is a typical old-fashioned breakfast.
Most students eat rice or bread, some salad, some fruit. and barley tea. And sometimes eat ham, a fried egg.
And a student said "I want spaghetti with meat sauce".
Well, our breakfast; my daughter eat rice and left-over of OBENTOU.
My husband and I usualy eat toast and coffee, and drink homemade yoghurt with green vegetable powder.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband often prepares his own breakfast because he gets up very early. He usually has oatmeal or cold cereal with fruit. On days that I prepare breakfast together, I make various types of egg dishes or occasionally special pancakes. When I eat alone, I often just have left-overs from previous meals. I don't like cereals, usually or typical American breakfast foods. But I also do not like fish for breakfast! Jan

Anonymous said...

In the summer, I eat a bowl of cold cereal like raisin bran or grape nuts (which does not contain either grapes or nuts). In the winter, I eat a bowl of hot cereal--almost always oatmeal. I can't drink coffee or tea anymore because I can't have caffeine. However, I love mugi-cha in the summer time; although, I haven't had any since I left Japan.

Anonymous said...

Jan, I usualy left-overs of my daughter's OBENTOU for lunch. So I'M thinking what an I eating for lunch at home from next spring?

mss@zanthan gardens
YOu like MUGI-cah (narley tea?). I have thought in OKINAWA jasmine tea was isial tea, beaause I went to OKINAWA I saw "SANSEN? tea" (kind of jasmine tea) instead of green tea in vending mashines. Mieko

Anonymous said...

I don't usually eat pbreakfast, because I'm not hungry before I leave the house (6.30 am). But by 7, I'm hungry, so i pack a bento box with fruit/berries and tomagoyaki or something, and have something for lunch on the bottom tier. I also usually have snack crackers for the day. I'd love to have toast and tea everyday, i just don't have time ;n;

Anonymous said...

jesse
Thank you for your comments. In my daughter's case, she eats break fast well, but after 40 minute riding bike, she feels hungry. So she take OBENTOU and some snack (rice balls or bread).
My husband and I usually eat toast.