Tuesday, November 27, 2007

YUZU


The season of YUZU (kind of citrus) has come. At first I got lots of YUZU.(Probably a few weeks later I'll get YUZU-KOSYOU). How do I use them? I made picjked them into MISO paste. We put them in the bath tab when we take a bath. --- and --- of course I use then when I cook.


Today for my daughter's lunch, I sauted pork and MITSUBA(kind of spinich) with sesami and sliced YUZU and tasted them oyster sauce. Not so bad.


The other things are sauted beanspruts and carrots with sesami oil, and grilled sweet potates with sweet sauce.


I've been making OBENTOU for more than 8 years every morning.

BUT a few monts later I will be free from this chore.

I'm happpy and sad.

Now for my lunch I eat the left over at home.

What shall I do for my lunch??


It's too early to think about it.

For a few months I'll enjoy making Obentou, but it's troublesome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yuzu is becoming more common here in health food stores. Sometimes you see it in cosmetics (like bath salts). When I lived in Beppu-shi, we would take to yuzu baths at the onsen at New Year's.

Anonymous said...

Really? It's a wonderful thing. I hear these days Japanse food become populer as healthy food, though I think that partly it is true, partly it's wrong.
Anyway YUZU is a realy good thing, for adding flaver for food, and "bath". MIEKO