Tuesday, December 04, 2007

homemade things



There are lots of farms in this prefecture. some of my friends are farmers wives. I think they are really powerful.
As I told you, a friend started to sell their homemade YUZUKOSYOU.
This year I also got some.
She said "This year we could make only green type. When we plant the first seedlings of green peppers, we had hail, so most of them couldn't grow. So, we got enough ripe red green peppers".
I konw how hard the making process is hard. Though once I tried to help, I gave up instantly.-- though I'm a city girl.
And the other day I got strawberry dumplings. For strawberry farmers, it is the best season now. Actaully the pack of strawberries of this prefectuer is the most in Japan. the sign says "a fresh strawberry picked up early morning". These dumplihgs are made our local straberries and rice powder.
And I also got rhubarb jam. Rhubarb itself is not still so famous in Japan, but I know among her lovers rhubarb is really famous. So a farmer in this prefecture started to grow rhubarb and sell the homemade jam.
Country wives are really powerful!!!
And I'm happy to have such powerfull freinds.

No comments: