Friday, December 28, 2007

My students and English

Now I'm waiting for two students. It is going to be the last lesson this year.
They are high school girls. They have taken my lessons since they were elmentary school students. So they seem for me to be my kids.

They will go to college in this area, and probably their major won't be English. But anyway they continue taking my lessons. Why? One reason is of course to keep good score at school. and another reason is to enjoy English.

We seldom have chance to communicate foreigners using Enlish here.
And they don't like reading not only English books but also Japanese books.

For them using English here itself seems to be fun.

For more than 10 years I have taught English to kids, for most of them the goal is to keep good score at school and to go to good leveled high school or college.
So lower grade students say "English is fun".
but when they grow up they tend to stick to good score. (Or they are sticked to good score.)

But the students I'm waiting for now, say "English is fun".
I'm really happy to hear that.
And their words recall me "English is fun".

As I told you, I organize a meeint "reading English books to kids" once every two months.
The next meeting is in January.
They are going to act a small English skit there.
I'm really happy.
the skit acted by young high school students must get the meeting more fun!

5 comments:

owenandbenjamin said...

Where in Japan do you live? Is it near Tochigi?

Anonymous said...

Mieko-san

あけましておめでとうございます。Happy New Year!

Thanks for all your interesting posts in the last year, especially the food-related ones.

William

Anonymous said...

To tornados28
Didn't you know that? My husand and I were born and grew up in Tokyo, now we live in TOCHIGI, and my daughters live in Tokyo. (Collectly, my elder daughter lives next to my mother's house in Tokyo, and my younger daugter is going to move there in this spring.)

To William
Are you intereseted in Japanese food? My family common inteset is "food". So this winter vacaion we went to Sendai just to eat "Gyutan"(ox toungue)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/choro/

owenandbenjamin said...

My wife's Family lives in Otawara, Tochigi and some of her other family live in Nikko so I am very familiar with Tochigi.

Anonymous said...

O.o

you r an english teacher...
because that..mmm...
hey.... I cant post in your last photo in fotolog.. becase it is full... wiht "SPAM"...
sorry .. my english is poor... and my japanese.. is so so...

your las photo is the last of all about obento? or no?... how old is your younger daughter?
well... see you later... if you upload any more in your fotolog... i wait it...

O.O.. some info about me XD...
Nick: Hiotoko
Real name: Kevin

I'm living in Chile
I'm 18YO
and... nothing more.. xd.. sorry...
take care and be happy...bye...