Thursday, January 03, 2008

Happy New Year




Now I'm relaxing at home. Since 29th I have really been busy.


This year my elder daughter will be 20. In Japan it is really meaningful. Though the celebration day is 1/13, she had a phtographer take a memorial picture at a photo studio ahead, wearing special KIMOMO. ( It took a few hours to wear it.) I have a specail memory about the KIMOMO, I'll write about it later.

Next day we (my family and my mother) went to Sendai. Sendai is a famous sightseeing spot. But our aim (or my husband aim) was eating GYUTAN (ox tail) and my mother's aim was eating ZUNDA (gree soy bean paste)
I put the photos on the phto page.

On 31th it was a shopping day, though my younger daughter had a part-time job. My husband and my husband went shopping here and there; mainly elctorailcal sore to buy a new digital camera for her.
On the other hand my mother and I went shopping here and there; maily food stores, and went to see a movie.
In the eveing my daughters went to TOKYO ahead to visit a shrine in Tokyo.
At night my mother and I was so tired that we went to bed early. My husbad "finaly" started to tidy up his room on the New Year Eve.
On the New Year Day, early morning we went to TOKYO. We dropped by my mother's house and picked my daughters and went to my mother-in-law's house. His borther's families came there and we celebrated starting this year.
Yesterday we came back with lots of presents (including small stuff that my mother-in-law didn't use.)
And today, my younger daughter went to work a part time job, my husband went playing golf (According to him, finaly he is able to spend "his" winter vacation".
I tidied up the things we brought from my mother-in-law's house, clearned the rooms in the morning, and now I'm relaxing.
I'll introduce my daughters.
The girl wearing KIMOMI (This KIMOMI is called FURISODE) is my elder daughter.
And the funny gilr who tries to drink "ZUNDA" shake is , of course, my youghter daughter.
Happy New Year!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you! I wonder if the ox tongue is really from an ox? Many times foods like this have the name from "olden times" but it comes from a different source today. For example, ox tail soup isn't really made with ox tails!
The komono is beautiful! Jan

owenandbenjamin said...

My Father-in-Law who lives in Otawara also loves to play golf.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Mieko! Your daughter's kimono looks so beautiful - our children grow so quickly don't they?
Shelley

Anonymous said...

Jan
It's a real steak of ox tongue. We often eat thin ox tongue at YAKINIKU restaurant. But GYUTAN (ox tongue) in Sendai was thick, chewy, and healthy.
Tornados28
Do you like to play golf? There are many inexpencive golf courses in OTAWARA, today my husband went to one of them to enjoy his last winter vacation.
Shelley
When my daughters went to elmentary school, I didn't think of the day when my daughters would grow up. Now I really agree with you. How quickly!