Saturday, January 26, 2008

waitting is valuable

I found an inteseting report. These days most pf people have a cell phone, though I don't have a cell phone. It is really conveninet, especailly to meet people. Probably the young cannot meet their friends without cell phones, because they don't make a schedual to meet each other when, where. While they are keeping contact with each other by cell phone, they look for each other to meet.

The writer of this report says that
The other day on the way to the town I lost my wife. She doesn't have a cell phone. So what I could do is just waitting for her at the our destination. In this case I knew where we would go. It was a deaprtment store. While I was waitting I was thinking if I should go back home or not. Anyway I could meet her.
While I was waiting I sometimes got angry, worry, or nervus. I though she should have a cell phone though she said "don't need".

But now I think, having cell phones make the life convenient, but on the other hand we are loosing feelings of anger, anxiety or tension. We tend to the result quickly, we tend not to stand the process. We are getting bad at enjoying waiting.

It is intereseting.
Last month I met my mother. Unfourtunally my train stopped on the way to TOKYO. I don't have a cell phone. And even if I have had a cell phone, my mother don't have a cell phone either.
What I could do was to go to the meeting place somehow. And what my mother could do was just waitting. I got there half and one hour later, and she was still waitting. We were really glad to meet each other.
Of course if it had been a business meeting, we would have lost the job.
When I got there , could you guess what she told me?
"Thanks of your coming late, I could finish reading this book, so I'll give you this book"

She is a really laid-back person.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mieko, your mother's comments made me smile! She sounds like a very wise woman. Jan

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jan. When my mother and I meet, usualy the meeting place is on the plat home (collectly on the end of CYUOU line plat home to TOKYO). Amongh the yourth the word of "meeting place" is not on their dictionary.

owenandbenjamin said...

In English, we also use the French word, randevous, for meeting someone.

Anonymous said...

To tornados28 randevous -- we have a Japanese word from this word, it is RANDEBUU. But the meaning is a little bit (or completly) different. Please ask your wife.