Thursday, March 20, 2008

convenient kitchen tools

These days I bought two kitchen tools. They are really convenient.


Now there are two members in this house, I'm still a house wife. And even if I were single, I would be a house wife. Though some (Japanese ) men enjoy cooking, most women enjoy cooking. On the other hand most (except my husband) enjoy do-it-yourself, probably. (I hear "what an old-fashion thinking!")
Anyway these tools are really convenient.
This one I bought at a 100-yen shop (kind of 1$ shop, or one coin shop).
We can cut leek really thinly like a hair. In Japanese the way of cut "SHIRAGA-NEGI" (SHIRAGA means white hair).
Now it is the season of UDO, I cut it thinly.

Another one is a glass bowl to make pickles for one meal. It's not so expencive.
Last night I put some cabbage and carrots, and this morning "here you are".




Did you find some intereseting or convenient kitchen tools these days?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I take a lot of gourmet cooking classes in a shop that sells kitchen and dining items, so I see most of the newest things on the market. One of the best (and inexpensive) are the lemon, onion and the newest one, a tomato "saver." They are plastic and look like the food...the onion saver looks like a large onion. Once you cut an onion but only use a portion of it, you place it in the "saver", twist the lid to seal it and put it in the refrigerator. It keeps the onion fresh for weeks...same with the tomato or lemon. I love these little kitchen "gadgets."

Anonymous said...

onion saver -- sounds intereseting, and useful. It is a good way to save using plastic wrap.