Friday, July 18, 2008

Next Monday








Now, I'm fine. And I have to keep in good shape, because--- I'm going to get my wisdom tooth pulled out next Monday. The doctor said it would be a little surgery. Yes I'm going to be put under total anexthesia, though fortunately I'm going back home in the day.


Well, this weekend we are going to have a woman from America. She is in her 30's. We are looking forward to chatting with her. Now I'm thinking what meals I will serve. Of course I have to serve "GYOZA". Because it is a special dish in UTSUNOMIYA, and what else--?


I'm going to serve that SHISO jelly, and I'm going to serve "NUKAZUKE"; vegetables pickled in rice-bran paste. I don't make it for a long time. Because it is a little bit difficult to keep it good. The other day I got MIZUNASU; kind of egg plants, but they have more mositure, from my friend. She told me "You sould make NUKAZUKE". So I preparet it. Have you eaten NUKAZUKE?


And I'll tell another thing that I'm thinking now. As you know I teach English though I haven't lived in foreign countries and I haven't enougn knowlege about English. These days around me (or kids) casual or spoken or slang Enlish are here and there. But unfortunately I don't know what is slang , what is usual, and what is polite. (I know, "be quiet" is usual pharase, but "shut up" is not good in usual communication.)

So I want to put together usual conversation English phrases.


If you study Japanese, do you have such usual conversation Japanese phrases table?
or have you seen such conversation english pharses table?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Meiko-san,

I found this website for Japanese idioms. I like this site because in the definition, it also has English idioms.

This one is for English. I guess they want you to sign up for more.

I hope you feel better from your wisdom tooth surgery.

Thanks for sharing.