Monday, July 21, 2008

This week end




This weekend an American lady came to stay with us. She is going to study Asian religiom at a university in Japan for one year. So I served not Japanese specailty, this city's specailty "Gyoza".

Gyoza is one of the famous dishes of this city. Gyoza comes from china. In China, steamd Gyoza is common. In Japan fried Gyoza is mor common, though we also have steamd Gyoza and Gyoza soup. There are three kinds of Gyoza in the picture above; kimuchi, vegetables, and meat (it is a standard.)

And of course I served my special dises; shiso jelly (using vegetable gelatin), pickled Myoga in rice-bran paste, and baked tofu-cheese cake. All of them are really healthy.

When you come to stay with us, what would you like to eat?

P.S Tommorow, I'll go to a hospital to get my wisdom tooth pulled out. I hope everything goes well without pain and swelling.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Meiko-san,
I have never tried kimuchi gyoza. It sounds so delicious! Do you put o-shoyu (soy sauce) on kimuchi gyoza, too? Thank you for sharing.
- YT

Kharina said...

I love gyoza! I had several with a duck filling last night that was very tasty.

Good luck with the operation. I hope you won't be in too much pain. Remember ice cream is your best friend when it's swollen. :D

Brigit said...

If I came for a visit I'm not sure what I would like to try. I would like for you to surprise me.

I hope your operation goes well. Take it easy for at least three days. The second day after surgery is always the hardest.

I will be praying for you.

Anonymous said...

To yt Unfortunately I don't care much for spicy foods, though the guest and my husband "love" them.
Well, usually you eat Gyoza with o-shouyu, vinegar, and rayu(Chinese hot&spicy sauce), though I dip Gyoza into o-shoyu and vinegar. One of my friends eat them with salt. So, everyone eat Gyoza in the way they want and like.

to kharina, now I'm getting better though my left cheek is swelling. Ice cleam is OK? My doctor says in this case don't eat cold things, because they tend to solidify blood and the blood lump stay in the gums. --but it's really hot, I already ate ice-cream.

to brigit
Thank you. I'm getting better, I'm really surprsied my days-off are only 3days.(this week I canceled all my lessons.) and next Monday I'm going to have my stitches removed.

Anonymous said...

I love almost every kind of Japanese food. Although sushi is popular in the US, some of my other favorites are difficult to find here...like okonomiyaki, agedofu, and ochawanmushi. I also like freeze-dried tofu that is then cooked and served in a clear sauce (I forget the name). And, in summer, very soft tofu with green onions or grated ginger on top.

Hmmm. Now I feel hungry.,

Anonymous said...

The guest who came the other day also seemed to like "KOUYA DOUFU"--dried Tofu.
She asked "Can I eat it direct?"
I've never thought about the way, it is not poison, it might be edible (I don't know). BUT I never do that.