Tuesday, November 25, 2008

December is just around the corner.

First I'll tell you about vegetables. The Mongol high school girls didn't like broccoli (or green vegetables), but now it is a season of broccoli . Some friends give me their home-grown broccoli. It is a really thankful thing, but --- I'm little bit tired of them.




And Turnips are also another seasonable vegetables. We love the leaves of turnips. When we boil, saute, or simmer them, they taste a little bit bitter, but we deep-fry them the bitter change into moderate bitter.
What are the seasonable vegetables in winter?

From next week, December starts. December means Christmas for kids, and cleaning for me.
Anyway I prepared something for Christmas.
In my class we are going to make apple pinatas and everyone is going to take one back to their home as a Christmas present. So I made lids of the pinatas. The green things are not candles, just twigs.

And fortunately I'm asked to read English picture books at some schools, so I chose these books.

Christmas is now, a world festival. In Mongolia, most of them are Buddhists, but they were affected by the Russian Church, so they celebrate Christmas 1st on January, and on the eve (31st on December) an old man with white beards called "tsugan ubugun?", kind of Santa comes and gives presents to kids.












No comments: