Monday, November 17, 2008

I have been a cold.

Today, I'm getting better. Last week I was suffering from slight fever and dizziness. Anyway I did all events. The big event was home stay of two Mongol high school girls.

It was fun! They were actually "high school kids".


To say the result, they didn't like vegetables as usual kids. I asked them " do you eat salad?".

They said "yes".

So I served green salad with tuna. They picked only tuna.

I asked them "is it different from Mongol salad?"

They said "yes".


Their "favorite" (later I knew they have green salad in Mongolia) salad means potato and ham salad with mayonnaise.

Next morning I served broccoli as a host "mother". Of course they don't eat. Their faces wore frown.

I asked "do they have broccoli in Mongolia?"

They said "yes, but I don't like them, though my mother tell me to eat them".


In Mongolia, they have such sentence, "eat carrots more, and you'll be tall".
On the other hand, they love "rice". So we had no problems except green vegetables.
I baked chlorate cake for breakfast, they ate 3 pieces.
Sweets are popular in all kid's world, aren't they?


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband and I laughed about your Mongolian houseguests and their teenage eating habits. What was the fried brown food in your photo? Do they have "breakfast food" in Mongolia or is their breakfast similar to Japan...no particular foods but just a typical meal?
Broccoli and chocolate cake would be quite unusual foods for breakfast in the US. Jan

Anonymous said...

They are called "Inari-sushi"
Inarizushi is a simple and inexpensive type of sushi, in which sushi rice is filled into abura-aage (deep fried tofu, brown things) bags.
Sushi we eat at sushi-restrant are called usually "NIGIRI". They are expensive.

Anonymous said...

Just a little grammer lesson:

You need to say...I have had a cold, or I had a cold. This from the verb that "owns" something. Example, I have a horse.(present) I had a fever.(past)

When you use the verb be/been is "does" something (action). I have been sick.(past) I need to be well. (future)

Verbs are difficult in any language!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I'll say again, "I have had a cold still now".

I'm really happy to get such a comment of grammar lessons.

To communicate with people in foreign counties is fun.
And to improve my English ability is interesting.
Thanks.