Tuesday, January 27, 2009

about twenty years ago

The other day unusually I got a call from my younger daughter. She started to speak with this phrase "I have a favor ". -- I had a bad feeling. But it was not bad news.

She asked me what kind of electrical appliances there were about twenty years ago. The information seemed to be needed to make her report.

I said to her "most of the things were the same as current things, though a washing machine, a fridge were changed 3 years ago, but you were in this house at that time. Didn't you remember?"

She said "Nothing".
The previous washing machine was bought by my husband when he came to this town, it means it was more than 25 years old. Now automatic washing machines are usual but at that time usual washing machines had a spin-dryer separately.

Well even now the separate type consists. Actually my mother uses the type. On the other hand among young people use all-in-one washing machine with a washer, a spin-dryer, and a dryer.
When we tried to buy new one, at first I chose the all-in-one type, but the door to the bath room was too narrow to put it into the bathroom.

I'll write more about the previous washing machine. There was a rod in the center, which was called "KARAMANBOU"; protect clothes from winding. And the noise was "heavy". When it got quiet, it meant washing was finished. Now instead of noise electric sounds go off.

The previous fridge had two doors, now it has three doors. Both of them are frost-free fridges.
But current one has also alarm. When it' on the jar, another electric sounds go off.

Listening to house sound, we hear a lot of(?) electric sounds; when the bath is ready (In Japan we heat water for bath), when cooking is finished with microwave oven, when washing is finished, when kerosene heaters run over three hours and so on

Is it noisy? We are use to the life naturally.

No comments: