Tuesday, March 24, 2009

travel to Aiken in America -1-

Last week my husband and I have been to Aiken in America to celebrate his 25th anniversary on the job. It was the first trip abroad for us together, and the first home-stay.

At first my husband and I are grateful for all help of my wonderful friend Jan & Nick in setting up. Without of them this trip would not have come true. We really thank of them.




Aiken is an interesting city.



For me, it is a city for horse, and for my husband it is a city for playing golf.



http://www.cityofaikensc.gov/
I don't play golf, so I can't write about playing golf there. Anyway in April the town is going to be full of visitors who comes to watch Masters.



My husband was playing golf almost every day. On this trip he was a main person, so for him it was a great vacation. (For him it was the first private long vacation since he started to work.)


I visited most of interesting spots.
Here and there there are interesting horse statues. One is an American city horse stature, or one is an American flag horse stature,--- each stature has each story .
Some people living in or near the downtown have horses. There is a big rescue center for horses.


"Horses", of course I know the word, in Japanese the word is "UMA". But for me the word is just an animal or an old thing, or it leads me to gamble in bad meaning.

Here it was completely different. Horses are familiar in citizens.

No comments: