Monday, June 29, 2009

things I could throw away,and I coudn't




In the morning I struggled things in a two book shelves (the big one and the smaller one). This house is about 23 years old, can you guess what were the oldest things or books?


Our reference books (not my daughters) in probably high school, or university. At that time we studied mathematics 3 fulled of marks of integral. And I started to work at a company I learned C-language. I learned FORTRAN, COBOL and assembler at university, and at that time C-language was a new language in the computer world. Is it still used now? Anyway I turned the paces of the books quickly, but CHINPUNKAN--- every word made no sense to me. Where the knowledge has gone????? Anyway I throw the books away.




Well, well, well, it is a matter of course, about 20 years ago I was a "young" mother. My daughters were in the kindergarten. At that time I used to make and sew many things for them by myself. And as a line at the kindergarten, kids were wearing hand-made smocks, so I had to saw it. And once a year, at the Sports Day parents did a costume procession. It was the dress --the title was "HIMAWARI MUSUME" (sunflower girl). Because the class name was "HIMAWARI", sunflower. What a pretty dress though it is crumpled. I was the head of PTA of the class, so I've had it. Well, the person who wore the dress was unfortunately not me, younger mother. Now she is OBASAN ( it means not young any more.) I put it away in another place.


Anyway I got rid of the shelves. Half of them I threw away, but half of them I put in another place. And the most things I couldn't throw away were my daughters things, pictures they drew, textbooks, comics-- this case, we should be scolded if we did.
Now they are not here, but I couldn't. Thinking my mother's house, actually many things I used to use are left.
We are parents, though it is not strange.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are things I cannot throw away but I know in my heart that no else wants or appreciates them and someone else will quickly discard them. Here in America, as couples retire they often "downsize"...that is, go into smaller homes and perhaps even in another location. That is when they say to their adult children, you come and take all those childhood memories, things you made in school, sports trophies, etc. Usually, the adult children thrown them away!

Anonymous said...

"the adult children thrown them away!"
I really understand it.
I couldn't throw away those those, so I left them in my mother's house. Now, instead of my old memorial things, my daughters things are left.