Thursday, July 23, 2009

I coudn't see the eclipse yesterday.

Yesterday I was in TOKYO in the day, it was rainy and cloudy. And I was on the first basement level. So I couldn't see the eclipse yesterday.
But here in Utsunomiya, while the sun was being eclipsed partly, the clouds broke up and they could see the eclipse breaking through the clouds. I heard it from my students.
Next perfect eclipse comes 26 years later, what will I do? Am I alive?
My husband seems to be busy in America, he sends e-mail to me everyday, but he enjoys American meal (with SHOCYU that he took with him). I would like to have Jan's homemade meal again --- it is my American sister's taste.

2 comments:

Tim Frost said...

How disappointing for you, but I suppose it would have been worse if the sky had been clear in Tokyo and you had to stay inside there.

But I have some good news for you! On 20th May 2012 there will be an annular solar eclipse whose path passes exactly over your part of Japan (Tokyo and Utsunomiya), so you don't have to wait quite as long as you thought.

Anonymous said...

Thanks the information, 2012, Um.. it's soon.