Thursday, September 24, 2009

Autumn

Now it is really autumn. It is cold (Yuki says cool) early morning and at night.
The other day I found these pumpkins. Usually Japanese pumpkins are green. So When I knew "orange pumpkins" in a English book, it was really strange.
But Halloween is getting popular in Japan, and some farmers start to plant these pumpkins.
These pumpkins were planted by a farmer as his hobby, so they are not products, though I paid some money to him.
When I found them, they looked not so big, but when I put them in the entrance hall, yes they are very big. Though I'm thinking to make jack-o-lantern with students, I don't know we will be succeed or not.


Yesterday, it was holiday called "OHIGAN". Many families visit their graves, and eat "OHAGI".I don't have grave in this place, and for us it was a usual day. The different thing was eating OHAGI. They are made from spacial rice and as you know, they are covered with bean jam.
This bean jam is rough. Can you see the whole bean???
Actually I don't like whole bean paste, I prefer smooth bean paste.
But by mistake I bought these one. Fortunately or unfortunately Lea and Yuki "can't" understand the difference of taste and texture.

Well, since Lea came to our house, almost one month passed. Her Japanese -- is not improved, on the other hand, her English is improved.
As I tell you, it is difficult for foreigners to improve Japanese in Japan.
So I recommend (or ordered) to write 3 sentence diary. Speaking Japanese and writing Japanese are different, but I think it is a effective practice for her and us to learn "good" Japanese.



No comments: