Friday, October 02, 2009

It was easy!!!

We (my family and my students) all are surprised!!! It is easy, it is wonderful, it is scary.
What is "it"? To make Jack-O'-Lantern.
Some students prepared a plastic bag for taking the inside, but nobody did it.
When we opened it, inside is mostly empty. There were only kind of cotton, and lots of seeds.
They scooped with a small scoop at first, but it seemed to take long time, so finally they started to scoop with their hands. And the things they scooped looked ---dirty.
We did it!!
I hope the farmer will plant them next year.
I can buy them at COSTO on the net, but it's really expensive.













1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, Well, Well, I have a question.
I put the carved pumpkins in front of the entrance door. AND lots of small insects fry around them. How do I protect the pumpkins?
Now I put the "KATORI-SENKOU"(pyrethrum coil ) in them.
They look like smoking pumpkins.