Monday, November 02, 2009

book1


This book is written by GOMI TAROU.
He is a really famous and popular , probably illustrator. He was born in 1945 in Japan. My daughters were into his doodling book. I think his books led my elder daughter to the art world.
Well, Well, this month I'll read this book at nursery schools, at a adult culture class, and to my students.
I don't know the real English feelings, but I understand Japanese feeling.
So when I read these two book, I was really surprised. Completely different. Of course both of them are "right".
First I'll tell you about the title.
Japanese version -- MINNA GA OSHIETE HUREMASHITA.
Everyone was taught me ----.
And English version is yes, my friends.
In Japanese version, all sentences are written in the passive.
ARUKIKATA HA NEKO GA OSHIETE KUREMASHITA
The way how to walk was taught by the cat.
In English version, all sentences are written in the positive.
I learned to walk from my friend the cat.
The difference of these two versions show the difference of nationality, don't you think so?

No comments: