Monday, November 30, 2009

Since tomorrow, December starts


Yesterday, Lea went to the next adventure. She goes to the same high school until June, but her host family changes each three months. I accept her personally. But since next family, a international association group is going to support. So her Japanese life will make a quantum leap.

I bet her Japanese skill improves, and I hope her English skill will also improve. Foreigners with blue eyes and blond hair, sometimes get a lot of stress in Japan, if they are not good at speaking English.
You think it is strange, but it's true.
Anyway, now in this house there are only two elder people, so the breakfast of today is "chin".
It's sound of Microwave oven.

Last week, I read the book of LONDON with members of reading club.
Homemade short breads were served, I learnt the meaning of the song of "London Bridge is Falling Down", and the origin of the subway station names, and some Cockney words like loaf in Cockney means head in English because of rhyming of loaf of bread. (And I talked about curry)
Ms. W was an organizer then, she researched very well. She brought one book for this meeting.But unfortunately nobody has been to LONDON. So until now, I'm looking forward to Tim's report. Sorry, Tim I missed your e-mail.
Now, Christmas is just around the corner. So I decorate the entrance hall with Christmas goods.
This week, my lesson is Craft week. I'm going to make apple pinatas.
On the other hand, instead of Swine flu, usual flu season comes. So I'm really surprised when I open this years medicine. At Yuki's company they give some medicines once a year. An antiseptic is added.















5 comments:

Tim Frost said...

Hello Mieko. I got your e-mail saying my report was lost, so I sent it again immediately. It seems that second one was also lost! I wonder what is happening. Please e-mail me if there is a different address where I can send it.

Tim Frost said...

I got your new e-mail (sent Tuesday morning in Japan). I have sent the report by e-mail again. I have also made a web page with the report:
http://www.timfrost.org/people/mieko/London.html

One way or another you will be able to read it! :)

Anonymous said...

Tim,I could read both of pages. Thanks.

Tim Frost said...

That's good news. I will start researching curry restaurants!

mss @ nipponDAZE said...

I think it's amusing that you have put up Western-style ornaments for Christmas while I got out all my Japanese-style folk toys for Christmas. We are both celebrate with international flair.