Monday, December 07, 2009

in December


At first, now our living room is like that.
Lots of --- can you guess? --- apple pinatas. Last week every student made one own pinata. And this week they put something into each of them. And the last week in December, they will take it back as a Christmas present. We don't break it open, though some will do at their home.
I don't know what they put in them. Anyway I told them and their parents to prepare 30 little things for them.
And in the kitchen, I always use this old heater. Of course we also use usual heater. Though I often write or tell you, we don't have central heating system, and in this area electric kerosene fan heaters are usual. So we put an electric kerosene fan heater in each room. On the other hand I stick to use this old heater.
Yes, it's December. Yuki and I don't have special thing to celebrate Christmas. But this month at my reading shows at nursery school, and at piano shows at KARAKU, I'm going to read Christmas books and play Christmas songs. So I enjoy Christmas by myself.


Well, yesterday Yuki and I had really interesting experience, and we thought " How foolish we are!". Now we try to Skype. So yesterday we called to my friend in America on the computer. The line connected, we heard a recorded message. It didn't tell the name. So we thought it was wrong number, I got panicked, so I click the cross mark on the computer before we heard the recording buzzer.
Mieko "it didn't say ***".
Yuki " Of course, it's her name, what is her family name?"
Mieko "Oh, yes, yes, this phone is for *** and *****. Wait a minute, her family name is, oh, ******, but I seldom use her family name except sending something from the post office. Yes, I understand, it must have told her family name. How foolish we (Yuki said, "you") are!".
10 minutes later, we tried again.
And at that time, we noticed, the line was still on, though I clicked the cross mark on the "Skype" screen.
I turned off the line, and called again.
I could hear her family name, and I tried to leave message,
but this time I wasn't used to speaking to someone in English especially on the phone, so I got panicked again, so Yuki said "hi ----"
and we "turned off " the line.
And immediately I e-mailed to her, saying sorry we left strange message.
This computer quality is not so good, so it might be difficult to talk smoothly on the Skype. But I 'm going to talk to her on the Skype.
The problem is an time difference.

3 comments:

Tim Frost said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tim Frost said...

I just remembered a way to confirm your Skype name, so I have added you as a Skype contact.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Tim. I'll e-mail later.