Wednesday, December 09, 2009

poachpod


Mr.Santa already came to Yuki and me. This morning "he" enjoyed the sauce of RHINo PERI-PERI with vegetable dishes. And I tried to use "poachpods".
Are they usual in your country?
Probably I worte before, in Japan "ONSEN TAMAGO" is populer, looks like poached eggs. I sometimes make them using rice cooker. It is easy to make because while we(not we, the rice cooker) cook rice, we can make ONSEN TAMAGO in the same rice cooker.
According to the direction, I tried to use it.

Put a little oil in the pod, break an egg into it, season -- with parsley, and
place in a small pan with about an inch of water in it. When the water starts to create a steam, cover the pan and allow to cook for about 5 minutes

And the directions says
"you will have a perfectly poaced egg (yes, perfectly) that will easily slip out of the pod." --yes, it was easily. but I failed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try using a spatula or other kitchen utensil to slip around the egg to "loosen it" and it should slip out very easily. Maybe you did not rub the oil high enough on the sides of the cooking pod to make it slip out. (I use a oil spray called Pam). Cook a little longer if you like a more firm egg...your choice. Jan

Anonymous said...

Jan, This morning I did again, and --um--- probably it went better than yesterday.