Monday, April 26, 2010

Toastmasters

Do you remember that I'm a member of Toastmasters club ?, though I attend to the meeting sometimes. Yesterday I attended to it. Probably three months passed since I attended to it. Usually I do something with women, or kids. This meeting is organized by mostly men. Yesterday 14 members were there, 6 businessmen, 2 ALT men (assistant language teachers, one is from England, one is from America) , and 4 office ladies, and one housewife, me.

A man brought his new gadget ... can you guess what it was. Yes it was "iPad". The scene was the same when a boy show his new NINTENTOU, or PLAYSTATION to their friends.
Additionally, he is like my younger brother, so I asked him "do you get a permission from you wife?" He said with grinning, "a person saying such a thing is only you".
Additionally again, iPad doesn't sell in Japan, he bought it in America during his business trip.

The themes of table topics were
1. Even now What would you do if you were involved in a situation with sudden flight ban and waiting for a space of plane home?
A man made a short speech. According to him, what he would need are magazines, beer, and sightseeing(if he comes there as a traveler).

2.How would you promote our Japanese pavilion of Shanghai Expo?
A man said "We displayed **** cars, ****PC".
According to the newspaper, the other day it ad a rehearsal, but unfortunately Japanese pavilions didn't catch many people. On the other hand at a Motor show in Beijing, the display of Japanese cars caught people.

3. What are you going to do this Golden week, if you have some good dating plans, please tell me. (The person who made these topics is single)
Another single man made a short speech, and he recommend him to a new multiplexed movie theater.

About the travel chaos, one of my friend was involved, and her travel to Denmark was canceled. So now she is enjoying her one week vacation at home. And if I were there, what I would thing at first is medicine.

About Shanghai Expo, no one surrounded me talk about it.

And the Golden week's dating course??? I don't have any idea.

Anyway I enjoyed the meeting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mieko said...

To someone
I'm sorry, I can't read your message. Is it in Japanese? The characters are garbled.