Monday, July 19, 2010

Hot, Hot, Hot, & of course, Humid


Thought it is not announced that the rainy season is finished, it is actual Japanese summer for these three days. These three days we have consecutive days off. Some of my friends who have "still" kids, went to the sea. (Well, I don't remember when Yuki took us to the sea....)


These two nights we had a guest. Now she lives in KYOTO, but in late of July she's going to go back to America, yes, she is an American, and she is an American literature professor. Well, well, Yuki and I are not unfamiliar with American literature (not only with American literature but also Japanese literature.) Her expertise is Hemingway.

According to Yuki's common sense, when he hears Hemingway, the next topic is the song of "I'm sailing". Do you know this song sung by Rod Stewart? Unfortunately she didn't know that. I don't know whether the song has something with Hemingway. But on the web Rod Stewart seemed to love Hemingway. Is it right???
Well we asked her what record , no, "CD" was the first one she bought. It was "thriller".
This time I prepared "special" watermelon juice. Have you ever tasted watermelon juice?
Yuki tasted one in China.

In advance I made sugar water with mint & lemon and cold it in the fridge. And when everybody sat at the table, I mixed cuts of watermelons and special cold sugar water in a blender.
Yes, it was nice. But--- despite my efforts, to mix just watermelon & cold water in a blender was enough to make tasty watermelon juice. Watermelons are really sweet in this season. There is nothing better than the seasonable natural taste.
This weekend I'm going to attend a Toast Master meeting. This time I have to talk about something in Japanese. Now I'm thinking what topic will make the members fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For your Toastmaster's talk, how about describing some of the foreign guests' experiences in your home over the years? I bet you have had more foreigners in your home than any of the others in your Toastmasters group and they would be interested in your thoughts. Jan

Mieko said...

Welcomback, Jan.
Well, well, OK I'll talk about "why Japanese put special slippers on the floor of toilet?" when I can solve this unlogical issue.

And thank to someones, but sorry I only accept comments written in English.