Friday, August 06, 2010

Before one-week vacation

Next week is called "OBON", Yuki has a official one-week vacation. So I organized to have no classes for the week. (I can organize my schedule.)
I told a friend, "one-week vacation makes me busy".
She said,
" That will make you busy? I see vacation as a time for relaxation and fun!"

Yes, she is right, from her thinking my sentence sounds strange.
But actually "busy".
We "have to " go to TOKYO to meet my mother to check her health condition, and take her somewhere to make her fun. We "have to " go to Tokyo again to attend Yuki's family reunion and take his mother somewhere to make her fun. Both of them are looking forward to our coming. And we have to do our daughterly and filial duty.
On the other hand, what to "our" daughters think of their "daughterly duty"???
They'll come back and stay with us for a few days ---- probably without doing chores.
They think "coming back" is their daughterly duty.

I know both of them are alike. ---Like father (or mother), like daughter.

Well, if our mothers get older, we think "we don't know when will be the last time to see her, so we do anything as possible " sincerely. But so far, sometimes we want to say this phrase "Don't talk like that to me! I've bend backward for you!" .
And when my daughters come back, I always say "to what did you come back?????"

Anyway it means my mothers and we, and my daughters are fine.

And the main thing that makes me busy is, I have to cook mostly three times a day, I'm used to live alone at day time.

But anyway going to TOKYO is fun, and staying with my daughters for a few days is fun.

2 comments:

Tarrah08 said...

I understand completely when you say "vacation week is busy". i have 4 children 3 sons 21 years old,14 years old,10 years old, 1 daughter who is 4 years old. Vacation time for me also requires quite a bit of labor to prepare things for the trip as well as keeping up with everything during the trip! So i can sympathize with this sentiment as well as my daily duty to my aging mother as well. :) However,as you've stated it's worth it to see loved ones and once you're there you will have fun as well. Best wishes for lots of fun and at least a little relaxation ;)

Mieko said...

Thanks for your comments Tarrah08, well, well, What a busy, powerful, and wonderful mother.
"probaly" your eldest son sometimes does house chores, and the younger sones -- might be a little bit difficlut age, but , though this is my opinion, usualy sons are "kinde" to mothers. AND -- I can imagine "What a adorable daughter" she is.
I know, being mother is really busy, but on the other hand I sometimes miss the time when I had been busy as a mother. Engjoy (not to overwhelm yourself) to doing mother's job. Of course sometimes it is necesarry to be youself.