Friday, August 13, 2010

vacation with art

For these two days we went to two art museums. At a museums, the exhibit content is "innocent". Works and pictures that were drawn by disabled (mainly mental disable) persons and works that were drawn by some present-day famous painters who tend to focus on "life" in their works.

If you are interested in the present-day painters, drop by these sites.
They are active internationally.
KUSAMA YAYOI, NARA YOSHITOMO, TASHIMA SEIZOU
Well the works that were drawn by disabled persons are too strong too me. I understand how seriously they face on their daily life.

Another museums is in MASHIKO that is famous as a pottery town.
Works by Lucie Rie are now on the view.
The prototype asked by Wedgwood company is also on the show. The color is "Wedgwood blue". I knew, unfortunately it finished as a prototype.It seemed to be ill-suite to mass production.
When I saw the work, "It is the color of Wedgwood". When I was young (in my thirty's), I had really wanted something of Wedgwood. And at that time what I could buy are cups with wild strawberries. At that time I was into porcelain. When I came here in my twenty's, I was into pottery, so I used to go to MASHIKO once a month.
And at that time the Wedgwood jasper ware was thought to be betwixt and between for me. So I was not so interested in them. Now---- no, no, I decided not to buy extra cups.
On the other hand I fall down my elder daughter's mug cup, and "Naturally" Yuki's SYOUCHU mug was cracked.
So I bought two cups from necessity.They are not extra ones.




Today, the elder daughter went (or saw) fishing with her friends, so Yuki was discharged from Dad's work, and he went to golf. And in the evening the younger daughter will come back, so I'm stay in the house as a mother.
This is a homecoming souvenir my daughter made --- the color is vivid, so I like it, but -- too big, not piratical.









































2 comments:

Tarrah08 said...

It is a lovely color, I am partial to bold and vivid colors as well, and a beautiful gesture as she has thought to make it herself. :)
It's rather interesting,as you've shared in this post how our taste's change as we grow and age, we are always evolving. Also,congratulations on such a wonderful and enjoyable performance!

Mieko said...

Actaully I usualy wear subdued cloths, except orange.
One day I was wearing orange sweter, many people say "orange really suit to you", since then I try to put on orange clothes especaily when I attend a "official" meeting.
So the color of pot holder is my favorite.