Monday, August 23, 2010

Why???

I know I have a hard head, so I'm really weak at solving quizzes.

1.bound paper stack
2.what's in the hole
3.study

and the answer is

1 p a d
2 a c e
3 d e n


why? something that is bound paper stack is pad, is OK.
What's in the hole? ace? It means hole in one???
Do the word of study and the word of den have something with??

Well, as usual Monday came, September is just around the corner. Now Japanese pear (NASHI) season has come. So yesterday I went to a orchard nearby. And some boxes of NASHI sent to my brothers, my mothers, and my friends who lives in another prefectures. Because of the bad weather of this spring, NASHI of this year look a little bit small. This morning Yuki and I ate the NASHI for breakfast, though they were delicious, but compared with the last year, they are a little bit short of sweetness.
I hope my brothers and my friends would like them.

3 comments:

Helen said...

I don't really understand your puzzle either, but maybe can help with two of the answers!

An ace in the hole means that you have an advantage that you keep hidden until you need it. It comes from playing poker and other card games...you hide your cards (the hole) and don't show them until you need to.

Study -a room used or designed for reading, writing, or academic work
Den -a small, comfortable room in a house where a person can pursue an activity in private.
Sometimes in English words have more than one meaning...Study is not just an action, but also a room to study in.

Hope you understand all of this!

And...I just wanted to say that your poll question at the top of your blog is hard to answer. You give us two questions and only a yes or no answer.

If you just ask half of it...I can answer!

Mieko said...

Thanks Helen.
Den means --- how I knew, and chek it with my dictionary, one meaning is "a room in a house wherepeople go to relax, watch TV.etc."
I didn't know that until you discrive it a cozy room.
Den usualy in the picturebooks, is a wild aminal's hidden place like a small cave.
So my image of den is "dark", "glommy" place -- well it might be suitabel for the studying room.

Helen said...

I used the dictionary in my computer to look the words up. Different dictionaries always say different things!