Thursday, September 30, 2010

I'm ready for Halloween

In this morning I was preparing this year's Halloween story reading time.
Since tomorrow October starts, and the first reading time is --tomorrow. In October every week I do Halloween story reading somewhere.And "on time" the package arrived.

In my classes, I'm going to do cooking lessons the last week in October. The main ingredients were in the package -- later I'll up date them. And one thing is really necessary, it is difficult to get in Japan. It is candy corn.
In some picture books we see illustrations of candy corn. Actually I knew candy corn from the books. So I'm waiting for real candy corn. It is a really important gadget when I read Halloween picture books.
I didn't know that candy corn is not only one kind. There are some versions. In the bag of candy corn, there were three kinds of candy corn. Normal one, pumpkin shaped one, and the other has something black. To tell the truth, the last one looks not so good ( look like a tooth with a cavity), I tasted one of them -- I'm really surprised the taste is chocolate. not black licorice. Sorry if you are a fan of licorice.



Well did you remember, we changed the windows in the kitchen into double windows in spring. Now heater's season came. Today heater is on.
Usually when I put on heater I close the accordion curtain between the kitchen and the living room. Now I tried not to close. Not so bad, until now, one heater works to make two rooms warm. I'm not sure because of the temperature or double windows.

2 comments:

Tarrah08 said...

We recently got our "first" bag of candy corn of the season..but it was just regular candy corn..although I also like the pumpkins and the orange/brown type too, the bags with all 3 types in it are sometimes called "Autumn Mix" and while my daughter and youngest son like it my eldest 2 sons prefer the regular candy corns. I have also begun to do some decorating in the front room and I purchased a small pumpkin last weekend for my daughter..the larger ones should be arriving soon at the market. It looks as though you are off to a great start...can't wait to see what you will be cooking and reading as the weeks progress! :)

Mieko said...

Tarran, we started Halloween with lots of fun, well, well, though now real Octorber has started,next week we will be on a time-out it means I ill do usual lesson with probaly "specail" sweets.