Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Karaku, Halloween-month, and garden

Yesterday, it was the day I played the piano at Karaku. I go there once a month.
There were one couple and one guest. I enjoyed playing the piano. After my performance, I also enjoyed coffee and cake which the master and his wife made.
Well, did I tell you? Now it is the season for Japanese pears, and there are many orchards of Japanese pears in this area. We can get fresh Japanese pears easily.
Master's wife made jam of Japanese pears. She gave a bin of it.

And I went to a children center to read English picture books.
Jan, can you hear (see) it?
The book caught a "big" hit.

I got home around 6 AM. I had one more lesson. Two junior high school students came. Now our "Halloween month" has started.
After one-hour lesson (usually two hour lesson), we made wreathes.


Yesterday was finished. Everything worked out.
Now Wednesday has started. I picked some leaves from the garden, SHISO, MITSUBA and green peppers. And I made breakfast.
I hope everything will work out today again.


2 comments:

Tarrah08 said...

The wreaths look great! It's not "officially" Halloween time here yet, but I have noticed some people in our neighborhood have begun decorating their yards..some people, including my mother have elaborate outdoor and sometimes indoor Halloween decorations, I, like you, will decorate my entry way and our front room, in the next few weeks. My daughter and i noticed pumpkins have started to arrive but not the big ones yet mainly small decorative ones and what is called "pie" pumpkins which are a bit bigger and make cute Jack O'Lanterns (pumpkins with the faces).

Mieko said...

Until a few years ago, "Halloween" is a specail event "only" for kid's English school. --- and sweets shop notice, it's good chance to make a fortune(?). So these days we can get something orange & black made in Japan.

"Halloween" begins to take root in Japan like "Valentine" through sweets shops.

Well, "Valentine" in Japan means sending "chocolate".