Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Today's lesson with an adult.

From this month, a new adult came to study English with me, until now there is "one" member though .
Today, we talked about "foods" and "restaurants".
This is my short speech.
.
One of my favorite restaurants is "TADEN", they serve mainly grilled eels.
This summer I went there with my friend. When I go to a new restaurant, after someone recommends it to me, I usually go there. I love eels, and especially to go to eel restaurants, I'm never one of the first try to a new eel restaurant, and never judge an eel restaurant on its aesthetic appearance. Some my "senior" friends recommend the restaurant of "TADEN", so I went there.
Though I don't like stay in a restaurant where they don't separate smoking section from non-smoking section, it's depends on the situation. Some of my friends smoke, and Yuki smokes. Well, usually Yuki don't smoke in front of my family though.
And in the restaurant of "TADEN" , they have only some private rooms, so we don't mind whether other guests smoke or not. ( Of course it's another problem whether the guests with you want to smoke or not.)
I'd like to go there frequently, but it's a little bit expensive.
The restaurant where we go frequently, is probably "KIRIN", kind of a Chinese restaurant. It takes 3 minute to walk from my house. The restaurant is a kind of our "second" kitchen. When I get sick, Yuki usually go there alone. And when my daughters were here, both of them used to go there without me, and they used to take something to eat back for me.
They don't have so varieties, but they are managed by one family, and all the members of the family are really nice. To be familiar with the restaurant, it is really important to know the personalities.
If at the restaurant of TADEN, their service or quality get poor, it will be my last visit at that time without any comments. But at the restaurant of KIRIN, if we have such a surprise, we'll comment to them.








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mieko....I'm awfully glad you didn't take me to the TADEN restaurant for eels! I'll take the Chinese dumplings any day over eels! Ha! Jan

Mieko said...

Jan, I'll tell you more.
while you were staying in TOKYO, we were going to take you a Sushi restaurant, a Tempura restuant and an eel restaurant accouding to my schedule. But your condition in TOKYO was not so good, so we needed to make a resting day, it means fortunately or unfortunately you "missed" the chance to eat "grilled-eels".
And about the KIRIN, I told that "When I get sick, YUKI goes there". Actaully I like the family of KIRIN, but as you know, I prefer UDON or SOBA to Chinese noodle.

Anonymous said...

キリン、私も大好きです。
(特にレバニラ・・)
引越す前は私は徒歩圏内でした。

またブログ見に来ます!
(facebookにメッセージ出させていただいた者です・・・)

Mieko said...

Well, Well, To a fan of KIRIN
Are you Ms.S?? Anyway welcome to my diary site. And really? Did you live near KIRIN or near my house???
I'm looking forward to getting your message. Pelase write then in English, some freidns in foreign coutries sometimes drop by here.